Before my summerholiday I’ve written a blog on”Managing Complexity, a must for the future”.I am convinced that systemsthinking is a skill , necessary to understand and to deal with complexity .
It will also enable you and your organisations, to give more durable solutions to complex problems and situations.The blog was well received , with a lot of feedback from many people with different expertise , backgrounds coming from all parts of the world(Turkey, Canada, Australia, Norway, Slovenie, Great-Britain, US, South -Africa), what indicate to me that , complexity is a hot item.
1.Complexity cannot be controlled, you have to deal with it
2. Systemsthinking is necessary to understand complexity
3.Systemsthinking skills can be taught.
4.Systemsthinking should be taught in school :from primary to universitylevel.
5.Systemsthinking requires following points:
- Let go power:spread power of decisions to everyone
- Share information, build trust, help people to see how they fit in the organisation
- Collective intelligence :everybody has a voice
- Communicate on the nature of the change
6.Even complexity cannot be controlled, we can deal better with it , when:
- We have a shared understanding of the situation
- We agree on actions to take, to probe and to see what the best solution is.
7.Implementing a new thinking paradigm is alway’s a change:to avoid obstruction show the effectiveness!
8.Life is always been complex, but in the last years complexity has been ruled by 2 major factors:
- Speed at what things happen.
- The connecttedness in networks in the businessenvironment.
There is certainly still a lot more to say , and when we are looking at our daily life, we observe complexity is there.Let’s embrace it , acquire systemsthinking skills ………and you will see another world.